Whats your story?

Notifications
Clear all

Whats your story?  

Page 2 / 2

gamaware
Admin
(@gamaware)

Can you explain more about how it started and escalated and the consequences it has had. That's if you are comfortable sharing the information

Kevin
 Kevin
(@Kevin)

A friend introduced me, I won my first bet 4000/ - after placing 100/- just how it started. I moved forward with the tendency until I started placing large bets, some as high as 30000/- against "low risk" bets. I earned more than 120,000/- at one time. From then my limit increased exponentially and no amount is too high for me to bet. This has plunged me to debts and agony, sometimes I can't even sleep. Lately I placed a bet with cash meant for paying dowry. As we speak, my in-laws are waiting for me little so they know that I am broke and indebted to pay for it. I've been hiding this from my wife and I sometimes bet all my wages. I have debts that can roughly amount to 30k and dowry cash about 50k. I need to stop but I don't know how

gamaware
Admin
(@gamaware)

Often times it takes a rock bottom to finally realise that we need help and a fresh start. I was once there. Losing everything is the typical end result of a gambling addiction and since you've still been gambling recently, at the moment it will be extremely difficult for you to just stop. The first thing I'd advise you need to do is accept that the money is gone and it's not coming back. Dwelling on the past is a key trigger that will cause you to have many, many relapses if you are not able to let it go,and fall in a deeper hole. To help you with this, I would highly recommend emailing/dm all websites that you've gambled on indicating the need to ban yourselves from the sites. If you want further restrictions in place, you can consider getting someone close to monitor and control your finances for the time being. Any money in your hand right now is money that is highly likely to go straight into funding the addiction. Another advise is you should come clean to your family especially your wife, no matter how hard it may sound. Tell her about your addiction , the situation you are in and if need be, postpone the dowry payment and let her understand. Work out a way to repay your debts without gambling. Do you have a Job ?

Page 2 / 2

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: